Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Recounting

It may be Tuesday, but this week it's our Monday. T. Bone was eager to get to school this morning to strap on his new skates during gym today. It was one of the gifts he picked out for his birthday during a special shopping spree yesterday with Uncle B. Bone and Aunt A. Bone. They also took him out for wings for lunch and went home to play a game of snow football. During dinner last night he said more than once, "This is the best Monday of my life." That's a big deal considering the fact that he thought it was the worst day when he woke to remember he had lost his PS3 privileges for the morning.

I think Miss Bit had a good day too. When I tucked her in last night, she was feeling sad that we wouldn't get to spend the whole day together again today. We had a little heart to heart. I admitted that I knew just how she felt, and I told her she was so sweet. To that she said, "And you are so helpful Mom." And I did know how she felt. We had a great day together playing play doh, venturing out in the snowstorm for a little shopping and lunch, and then hunkering in at home to finally watch The Polar Express for the first time this winter. Truthfully, I didn't want the day...the snowstorm...the weekend to end either.

No comments: