Friday, January 14, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Finishing Devotion before breakfast this morning. Now I will go back and revisit the many dog eared pages. One honest quote has been on rewind in my head: My father died sad. My mother died angry. The family of my childhood has become dust. It's on constant loop through my mind not because it's my own truth, but because it's so brutally, starkly her's. I feel the pain of her loss.
I also share Dani's disdain for several sentiments most of all God never gives you more than you can handle. I've written before to express how cold and dismissing this sounds to someone who's sufferring. Yet I do believe that everything happens for a reason in the find the lesson and opportunity for growth and extension that both good times and bad times present kind of way.
So many lessons learned this week. Too many aha moments to even add up. I'm exhausted and refreshed.
This has been a week of uncanny coincidence and random acts of kindness. Phone calls from people not heard from for too long after thinking of them...buying sweet little bird plates one day and the very next my kind friend M., gifting me with the beautiful Bluebird of happiness just because...my hubby sending me an email to tell me he's grateful for me before my weekly gratitude post.
Paying it forward...the best thank you of all.
Unconditional love and pure peace.


A whole week of healthy eating is good not just for the body, but also the soul. Taking care of ourselves in every way is an act of grace.


Sledding and snowboarding into the gloaming. I was chilled and I wanted to stay in the warm van and watch T. Bone and Miss Bit from afar, but I knew that wasn't plugging in. I didn't want their memories of the snowy afternoon to be of me watching them from the sidelines. You never know what little things they'll remember...what they're going to take with them, and I sure didn't want laziness and distance to be part of my living legacy.





So many snowflakes this week....on noses, tongues and eye lashes, covering branches, crunching under feet and looking yummy on plates.

Giving myself permission to Just Be. I was searching for a word to guide me into 2011...a sentiment to carry me through. I settled on Just Be, and yes, I know it's two words, but it's really much more. It's a feeling. It's permission. It's a mantra...a motto. Just Be real...authentic...true. Just Be me. Just Be where I deem I need to be. Just Be where I am when I'm there and nowhere else. Just Be in the moment. Just Be the best me I can with what I have right now.


Comfort and connection even through confections.


Miss Bit's a natural on stage. She's been practicing her first part since acting class ended last Saturday. No matter that her part of the script is only 3 lines long. It's all about inflection and gestures and presence.
T. Bone is playing the guitar after school and basketball after dinner. My Renaissance man.
Grilled tuna with fresh pico de gallo.
Mango tea and mint tea.
My boy confessed that his teacher never takes a birthday treat...that is until he brought his, and today she emailed me for a recipe.
Modern Family even if we missed the last few minutes this week.
It's just after dusk and 3 coyotes just traveled through my yard.
A long holiday weekend ahead.

No comments: