Wednesday, January 5, 2011

today was...


nourishing
starting the day with a mug of steamy coffee and a beloved author who writes poignantly of changing her life...making it simpler and more meaningful.
cleansing
purging drawers and cleaning closets to make room for so many new things that I then tucked away along with some of the Christmas decorations.
fresh
neat, clean sheets on all the beds so we'll all sleep sweetly tonight.
comforting
my mom's tuna noodle casserole for lunch with a glass of chocolate milk.
peaceful
soft snow starting to fall just as i set out to walk all alone in the quiet afternoon.
delicious
popcorn and hot cocoa topped with a Peep and a dollop of cream for after school snack for the littles and a mug of hot tea for me.
productive
working on thank yous with the kids and then homework. he needs little help with his notes, and more with his assignments. she breezes through her work, and agonizes over her cards.
forgiving
giving myself a reprieve for failing to make soup and bake bread today as i planned despite the fact that i know my kids were hoping for it. no one starved.
creative
pixo projects with my girl. rainbow colored little pixos everywhere. hearing my boy make up a little ditty that went like this...my mom is where i want to be...she's so happy...she's so thoughtful.
amusing
a few rounds of scrabble slam before bed.
uncomplicated
little t.v., few video games and limited time on the computer.
wistful
reading a fairy tale from a book my mom read to me as a child to my girl before bed.
ideal...flawless...sublime.

No comments: