Saturday, January 29, 2011

Grateful Saturday







Today I give thanks that...

My busy week is over. Life was so frenetic at a time of the year, the season, my life when I find myself craving simplicity and solitude most of all. I didn't even get to my weekly gratitude post that always keeps me grounded. Last night we regrouped and went ice skating as a family, a family plus one...T. Bone's bud joined us. We headed to an indoor area ice rink so Miss Bit could finally strap on some skates. She's been fantisizing about the freedom of gliding along the ice ever since they flooded the rink at school. I wasn't convinced that she would last long so I was reluctant to do the work it takes to secure a pair of skates this late in the season and then pay top dollar for skates that surely won't fit her next winter. Every place I called over the last couple weeks was sadly sold out of her size. Turns out she didn't like skating....no, my girl LOVED skating! And I might add that she did famously for a first timer. It's all she's been talking about all night, all morning, all afternoon.

We decided to hedge our bets and headed out to a nearby sporting good's store in the hopes that we'd somehow score some skates today. Happily we did...myself, hubby and Miss Bit. T. Bone was already well-equipt. Now all she's talking about is when we can go skating again and I must admit that I am enamored with her enthusiasm.

Today I'm grateful for a low-key, fun family weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is picture perfect and he looks like a natural.