Friday, January 21, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Pajama Day. Today all the kids had to do was crawl out of bed and brush their teeth. T. Bone even wore his bedhead for the occasion. Of course, we were still running around like chickens with our heads cut off to get to school on time. They blame it on my need to take pictures.


The way that the minute anyone or anything goes horizontal these two climb up for a cuddle.




Smart, sweet snacks.


T. Bone's new word:"sick." Every time he says it, Miss Bit has to clarify, "That means good right?"
Miss Bit hums sweet little ditties to herself all day long. His incessant noise makes me think of the mom in the Calgon commercials.
a stack of new reading material and movies too from the library. I so heart the ability to request materials system wide and then have them waiting for me at my library.
Magazines left by a friend in my mailbox.
All the glitter and goodies we need to make homemade valentines...well Miss Bit and I, that is.
Parmesan crusted tilapia with a side of mashed cauliflower and my man's chop suey.
bundling up for a walk in tuesday's winter wonderland. when the wind would blow, it looked like it was snowing again.
Tulips in buckets at the market even though I couldn't buy them...not yet.
T. Bone shared with me that he spent a recent recess playing with a couple kids with special needs just because he thought it would be nice cuz' not too many people play with them, and he said he really enjoyed himself.
My Lil Pony...T. Bone's nickname on the soccer field.
My girl started Jazzercize this week and I can say with such certainty that she's got no rhythm, but also no fear.
Friends both home from the hospital resting and recuperating.
ample time this week to read and write in journals and work on memory books.
turtleneck sweaters.
hot, steaming showers.
The ethereal, other worldly view of the steam rising up out of the lake this morning to become one with the clouds on the horizon.
Our summer vacation is booked and already eagerly anticipated.
A mid-week movie night with Miss Bit. We snuggled in for Ramona and Beezus. We have the first 4 episodes of Little House on the Prairie in cue for the weekend too.
The whole family is back into American Idol.
A weekend ahead with a welcome mix of need tos and want tos.

No comments: