Monday, March 8, 2010

Whatta Weekend

It was a non-stop fun-filled few days. Friday was the perfect kick-off as hubby and I stole away for a date night. We both love a good thriller so it was a no brainer that we ended up seeing Shutter Island. The twists and turns kept it entertaining. When did he actually go crazy? Why? After the movie, we shared our favorite pizza, and then we came home and made the night a double feature. The Hurt Locker was also a psychological thriller in its own right. I don't quite understand how it stole the show Sunday, but then again...I think it was the only best picture nominee that I actually saw so what do I know. I don't quite understand how anyone signs up for another tour, but thank God they do.

The Wiz kept us entertained Saturday afternoon. The costumes were great and the music nostalgic. Still singing Ease on Down the Road. The kids all loved it except T. Bone. The other 4 were all smiles with rapt attention on the stage while he had a rather pained look on his face and ants in his pants. He just wasn't feeling it.




After the show we all convened at our house for a family play date/pizza party. It is so nice that the adults can visit uninterrupted while the kids play. It really wasn't long ago that one of us had to constantly be running interference and no conversation was ever finished.

It is such a blessing that my childhood friend's kids are such good pals with my kids.

Little C. looks up to T. Bone, and T. Bone looks out for his little buddy, C.

We spent Sunday morning at church and Sunday afternoon at the roller rink. The whole family strapped on skates for the Daisy event. T. Bone is quite the speed skater. It was Miss Bit's first time so she spent a lot of time hugging the wall, but she started to get the hang of it and she never got discouraged. I think her favorite part was when they dimmed the lights, turned on the disco balls and blasted one of her favorite songs. She laughed at me when I told her that I used to hold hands with boys while I skated around the rink, and then she laughed at me again when I tried to stop myself by doing a quick turn and ended up on my knees. Then when I tried to get up, I fell again and hit my elbow too all so I didn't ruin a picture. For this reason...I am glad that I forgot to bring my camera.

No comments: