Friday, March 5, 2010

Grateful Friday

That I didn't throw my lap top through the tv when the last 15 minutes...the part where the battered woman was going to unleash a can of whoop you know what on her abusive husband...failed to record.


I called the tax man and made an appointment.


The way Miss Bit was so into her school performance. You could just see her personality shining through as she sung and shook her booty...wiggled her hips. T. Bone took his job as a base xylophonist most seriously. I was impressed.


Jess for bringing wine and new music when she comes for dinner.


A walk in the afternoon yesterday. I logged a few miles jamming to my I Pod, and I stopped to talk to a couple friendly neighbors on the way.


Miss Bit may be the youngest in her new swim class, but she's the fishiest. She didn't want to go last night, but she came home declaring the session...A-W-E-S-O-M-E! She can do the back stroke like nobody's business.


Grandparents who ask if the grandkids can spend not 1, but 2 nights!!!!


My brother for ponying up for the mother load of Girl Scout cookies...50 boxes to be exact! And my sil-to-be for writing out the $175 check!


The Wiz this weekend. T Bone was boasting to Miss O. over cinnamon buns this week about our Saturday plans. She very graciously listened to him carry on about Frosty Flicks with the G.'s and then The Wiz with the G.'s and then pizza party at our house with the G.'s. When he was done, she nonchalantly said, "Well, hmmm...let me see. Saturday morning I'll probably get up around 7:00 and head to the pool to swim all day. Well, maybe not all day cuz' I'll take a few breaks from the heat for an ice cream." T. Bone rolled his eyes like she was talking all kinds of fantasy when she just mentioned in passing, "I'll be in Mexico." I kept it to myself that it's been unseasonably cool in Mexico lately, and let's face it...it'll still be a heck of a lot warmer than it is here.

Listening to an old favorite cd and finding a new favorite song. When I first got Willy's new album, I was horribly addicted to Psychic Vampire and now I am hitting replay again and again to sing along to Too Big to Sell. Makes me want to get some canvases and paints.

Little girls is smocked bishop dresses and little boys in seersucker.

Bunches of sunny daffodils.


Easter baskets...I've already started to stash goodies for T. Bone and Miss Bit, but I haven't stocked up on any candy yet. I tend to get just a little carried away.


The other night Miss Bit read 80% of Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You!

A Wednesday afternoon drive with T. Bone and Miss O. through the city. They were measuring up all the people on the streets trying to determine whether or not they were gangsters. To their "country" eyes, almost everyone was, but it had nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with the get-up, the swagger and the cell phone.


Sharing McMamma's pictures from Kenya she posted last night with the kids and letting them see how not everyone lives as comfortably as they do...we do. Her images were revealing in a kind and compassionate way.

T. Bone and Miss Bit were better friends to each other this week.


A date tonight with my hubby.

No comments: