Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ramblings of My Severely Sleep Deprived Self

T. Bone was up and dressed at 6:48, which was just about when I was doing the head bob finally ready to check out. He was chipper so maybe being sent to the confines of his room right after dinner was not all bad. I handed him the computer and curled up on the couch beside him to snuggle in for a little sleep. Thirty minutes of slumber and I almost felt...feel... human. Well...a half hour of sleep, a couple cups of strong coffee and the sun rising in the east signaling a new day. In all honesty it's cloudy today, but I'd take me a cloudy day over a sunny one any day. And before you think I'm crazy, just know that I think the same of all you who worship the sun. Just. Don't. Get. It. And no, I am not a vampire.

Something else I don't get is how suddenly this morning at 7:35 Miss Bit will only eat crunchy peanut butter and T. Bone must have smooth. Seriously, for years he has been crunchy and she has been smooth. It must be a conspiracy. Has to be. Now I'm just waiting for her to order her eggs sunny side up and for him to request scrambled.

They both decided to pass on the green eggs and ham being served in the cafeteria today in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday and I cannot say that I blame them, although I actually think he opted for cold lunch just so he could have his fill of Carmel Delights at lunch. He can take a snack everyday, but rarely does. Yesterday, I packed him 3 Lemonade cookies and you would of thought I sent him to school with a backpack of dynamite...that's just how adamant he was that he was breaking a cardinal rule. The rule, of course, is that the snacks are to be 'healthy,' which I generally agree with, BUT I have a hard time with the school telling me what I can feed my children. I was wishing I hadn't given up talking on my cell phone while driving when I heard a local talk show host sharing my very same sentiments rather spiritedly yesterday afternoon. I so wanted to call in the timing was just so uncanny. T. Bone, quite the rule follower, saved his cookies for lunch when apparently the school doesn't give a hoot whether you ingest cyannide or sugar or any other brain cell killing poison because then the rules might apply to them, but I'm waiting for that memo. You know the one that outlines what I can send in their lunch boxes. I'm sure it's in committee right now, and that OT is being earned, or at least paid while it is debated and drafted.

As long as I'm in the midst of this rant, I also must express that I cannot believe that Jake picked Vienna (Vinny + Tina...found in Webster's under T for trailer trash) on The Bachelor lastnight. That was seriously, the longest, most painful two hours of primetime television ever! Surely, only to be rivaled by this season's Dancing With the Stars starring (using that word loosely) Jake (again?) and Kate Gosselin (again?)! Huh? We just got rid of them. Why not Donald Trump, Danny Da Vito, Dr. Phil, Courtney Love, Kermit and Miss Piggy, Gary Coleman, Joan Rivers and Melissa Rivers, Gordon Ramsay, Elizabeth Taylor, Cher and Ellen De Generes and Simon? Now that would be a cast of characters.

And with all that being said having rambled enough...

So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.

Dr. Seuss

Forgive me...I'm tired.

No comments: