Friday, March 26, 2010

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

  • Miss Bit woke up with a big smile on her face yesterday morning knowing that it was her school's Open House/Ice Cream Social last night. When she saw the outfit I set out for her she said, "Oh I just know you're letting me wear something so beautiful because it's a special day!" She skipped around the school hand in hand with her friend M. happy as can be.
  • T. Bone had a tough situation with some neighbors/friends yesterday who are older. They go to the middle school. They excluded him even as they built a fort on the edge of our property in our neighbor's yard. He calmly said, "It's OK...I have better friends than that." I not so calmly wanted to tell them $#@! and call them $#% &#^#%*%$S! but how could I when my little boy was being so big? At the school function last night he worked things out with his friend P. all by himself.
  • T. Bone got down right excited about a green gingham dress shirt at the Gap the other day and for a moment I wondered where the aliens had taken my grunge lovin' son.
  • Crystal and Casey...next week is rhythm and blues.
  • The Real Housewives for keeping my life REAL.
  • So much pink in my closet for spring.
  • Pizza at my brother and sil-to-be's tonight.
  • I talked to my Dad this week. We had words a couple weeks ago. I finally broke down and cleared the air. I so don't like being on the outs...I'd rather be sorry than right...something my big hearted hubby has taught me.
  • Baking a fresh loaf of banana bread for my kids this morning for breakfast. They love it...they appreciate it...it makes the house smell so good.
  • I'm feeling a little better, lighter, brighter.

No comments: