Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

The Mom of a first grader who approached me at the roller rink to introduce herself and tell me that she thinks Miss Bit is the sweetest kid she knows in the school. Awwww! There are about 500 kids in the school you know!

T. Bone confessed after confession Sunday that Father B. told him to be nicer to his sister, to include her more and not to be as rough.

A Gymboree coupon in the mail minutes before I sent my Easter order online. I'm smitten with the tulip dress and thrilled that T. Bone agreed to wear a pink oxford. I keep telling him, "Real men wear pink." Now I just have to convince him that real men wear blazers with their Bermuda shorts and Bucks!

Pink polka dot rain boots for my puddle lovin' Lil Bit.

T. Bone had a new friend over Sunday to play. They've known each other for a couple years, but they're just becoming buds. They spent the whole time building Legos. J. is REALLY into them, and he showed T. Bone some "REALLY COOL" stuff. He made us all laugh when we were driving to the roller rink cuz' he told T. Bone, "You're lucky you have the sister you do. She's not RIDICULOUS like my sister. My sister ANNOYS me EVERY SINGLE day." Miss Bit tried to hide her smug smile.

When Miss Bit's friend A. came over the other day the first thing out of her mouth was, "Lil Bit...I think we'll be friends forever. Don't you?"

Sunday morning's breakfast...a buttery sweet cupcake with my coffee. My only sweet splurge in seven days, and well worth the wait. And my frister for sharing her frosting recipe with me.

Hanging out with Jess Tuesday night. I'm glad she corrupted me.

I'm waiting for the final changes to be made for my dining room and living room window treatments so that I can approve and order them. Maybe I'll have them before Easter when we are hosting a brunch.

Painting plaster Easter eggs with Miss Bit yesterday afternoon. We love a good craft project.

Big Mike singing Kate Bush's This Woman's World on Wednesday's Idol. I LOVE that song...I LOVE him! I cried just like Kara.

Irish soda bread.

Dr. Jay said T. Bone can wait to get his braces until after we get back from Bermuda since his expander has done such a nice job already.

Good report cards. Miss Bit and T. Bone both showed enough improvement to earn a trip to Stonefire Pizza.

A lazy morning. I took my time getting up just lying there stretching, thinking, snoozing, dreaming.

A day off today with the kids and a family date tonight for bowling.

No comments: