Friday, February 17, 2017

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

It's Friday. It's been a long week and a long day too. This morning I picked up my book. The book I'm trying so hard not to finish, and I read while I was drying my hair with one hand and brushing my cat with the other. Oh, and I sobbed. (Good thing it was before I put on any make up.) I was not very present in real life as I pretty much threw our breakfast against the cabinets and stood watching the beautiful sunny-side up eggs and slimy spinach slink all the way to the floor. Then a few minutes later I mistook toothpaste for lotion and my perfume for deodorant. Ouch.

Lily's glowing conferences last night. A couple teachers were so gushing in their loud praises that I got a tad embarrassed, but, of course, I know they're sincere...and right. She works hard and has much respect for learning and teachers.

Ted has not spoken of quitting his job again this week, and he received his first pay check. I'm hopeful there will be more. School comes first and his social life is important too, but so are the lessons one learns from employment. I think this experience is a source of pride for him, and the small sacrifices he must make are good for maturity and character.

Sore arms. I'm thankful because the pain is from a couple difficult workouts. They hurt so good.

A very sweet Valentines Day with my loves. I'm so lucky.

My guy is going to make his family famous ribs for us this weekend. 

It's going to be unseasonably warm so perfect for grilling.

Spring cleaning. I'm in the mood to purge and organize and tackle some projects.

A long weekend. No work or school on Monday.

No comments: