Friday, September 23, 2016

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A great night's sleep last night. I fell asleep reading shortly after 9 o'clock. I was exhausted and the weather was absolutely perfect for sleeping.

The fall equinox and the way the weather changed on cue, although not too drastically.

Lily was motivated to swim 4 nights this week. That's a record for her. On swim nights, she doesn't get home until 7:30 so it makes for a long day, but she's enjoying it.

A girls afternoon with Lily and my sister-in-law Saturday that ended on Windmill Beach.

Farmer markets and farm to table restaurants.

A GNO with Jess on Wednesday. It was my mom's birthday so we toasted her and talked about life. We had a delicious dinner at Sala on a beautiful night. The malbec was tasty and our seafood was too. The company...the star.

Quaint Italian joints that serve fairly priced wine and fresh pasta.

Earlier in the day I went to the mass C. arranged for my mom at our church, and then I squeezed in a much needed pedicure. It ended up being a pretty good day and eve for the body, mind and soul.

Peace and acceptance.

The birthday gift Jessica put together for me. I'm always grateful for a thoughtful gift, but what made this one extra special is that it was literally a box of my favorite things. I was touched.

This is Us. I liked the pilot a lot. The ending hooked me. Can't wait for next week now. 

Dancing With the Stars and Survivor too. When will I outgrow reality t.v.?

The debates start Monday. I love gritty political sparring from the podium. Ted's homework for his election class is to watch 3 of the 4 debates. (We always do.)

Thinking of the perfect debate night menu.

Mexico is booked for spring. I love having something dangling like a carrot.

I'm hosting a girl's night one week from tonight for some dear friends. I haven't even thought of the menu yet because these are the kind of friends I don't need to impress. Of course, they're the ones I care most to impress.

Soul sisters.

We're celebrating my dad's birthday tomorrow. As per usual...he's cooking. It sounds like a football Saturday menu and Badgers play at noon.



No comments: