Wednesday, November 4, 2015

October Inventory

Reading I recently read and was very much inspired by  Life From Scratch. There are many recipes I'm anxious to try when I have a new and fully functional kitchen. I finally finished The Rocks this past week and all I can say is 'meh.'  The characters were poorly developed and unlikable, and the story had potential, but it never delivered.  I was bored and at times annoyed, but stuck with it.  I wanted to find out what the big secret was.  The climax never came.  It was all hype.  Do yourself a favor and skip this one.  There are too many other gems waiting to enlighten or at least entertain.  Now I'm reading After This: When Life is Over Where do we go? and I'm finding it to be the right book at the right time.  Bidwell Smith explores this question that so intrigues me with a mostly open mind.  Read this if you are open to life after death.

Wondering what I'll read next.  I've got a growing stack, but I haven't had much time to devote to it lately.  I've read 30 books so far this year, I only wish I had time to double that.

Noticing that a weight has been lifted.  I am making decisions and changes that have alluded me for much longer than I care to admit.  


Watching DWTS and rooting for Bindi, that ball of energy and positivity.  I have to admit that I'm usually repelled by Pollyannas, but I feel she is authentic and genuine, and my heart goes out to her for losing her father at such a young age.  I have tickets to see 
The Lion this week.  They were for tonight, but now I have a funeral.  I so want to see this show that I turned them in and paid 50% more to go at the very convenient time of 7:00 on Sunday night.  


Listening to music for the first time in awhile.  It's part of feeling lighter and inspired and open.  This morning it is Rickie Lee Jones and Simon and Garfunkel.  I thought about breaking out the Christmas tunes the other day, but it's been 70 degrees every day this week.  That just doesn't jive.  I'm getting out my Vince Guaraldi in honor of the Peanuts movie opening up this weekend.


Eating thoughtfully.  It's what has to happen when your kitchen is disassembled.  The frig is in the garage and our makeshift (yet rather functional) kitchen is in the basement.  I thought we'd have to eat out so much more, but we've been able to prepare most of our meals just a little more simply.  


Drinking coffee from my new Keurig with a new to me almond milk creamer I found.  I'm picky about what goes in my coffee.  This is healthy and it tastes delish!


Wanting nothing.  I feel satisfied and I'm embracing the spirit of 'enough.'  We need so much less than we have and we want so much more than we have.  It's not healthy.  And I'm not just referencing material things. We crave experiences, we covet characteristics, we yearn for more time, more sleep, more happiness, more more more.  What if we come from the place that we have all that we need?


Wearing summer clothes still and not complaining.  There'll be plenty of time for boots and sweaters and scarves.


Hoping the rain holds off until I get out for a walk soon. It's another grey Wednesday and that is what I love.  I don't, however, love getting caught in the rain.


Thinking about the thin veil between the living and the dead.  I experienced it when I went to a psychic circle about 5 years ago.  It was an amazing experience, but I haven't gone again.  I'm wondering if it's time.  I'm thinking this deserves a post of its own.


Enjoying the sublime fall we have had here in the midwest, curling up at the end of the day with Lily and the cats to snuggle and read, Jimmy Fallon's trick or treat candy pranks, forward motion and decision over indecision, and also trusting intuition.


Loving  showing up to write again, the word hiraeth and what it means, and this Anne Dillard quote, "How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives."  It's a reminder to make it all count.

No comments: