Tuesday, October 28, 2014
two day pass
1. sunset on the farm. it was beautiful just like all of the almost summer weekend.
2. this friday she rode so hard she came home with blisters, and more confidence.
3. a lone bloom in the bramble reminding me that there is beauty everywhere and always.
4. evidence: i am the chicken whisperer.
5. sit upright, heels in, arms steady.
6. my little sous chef this weekend. she chopped, stirred, cooked, baked and tasted with complete joy.
7. these little owls were one of her creations.
8. coach and i cheffed up for our halloween bowling night. i love costuming. it was a fun night with old and new friends and lots of creativity.
9. the girls were ready to trick or treat at 12:59 sharp!
10. lily was a nerd and her friend was a scary clown. they were the most lovable looking geek and goof I've ever seen.
11. "kick me."
12. they were also our first trick or treaters. lily picked out our candy to her liking just sayin'.
13. mike was a good sport and an excellent guy fieri for a night. most of our friends didn't recognize him at first.
14. guy got a great deal of mileage the next day too. my brother couldn't resist.
15. reluctantly t. bone guyed up, but for trick or treat he went as a golfer, which is to say he put on the clothes he wore the day before to the course. all of his soccer playing friends went as soccer players. i guess about as inspired as one would expect teenage boys to be.
16. we had a fun and delicious family dinner sunday that included: perfectly grilled steaks, jaleo spinach, wedge salads and an entertaining game of speak in this accent/language. my brother made us laugh speaking jive, coach was the only one who could speak pig latin. lily is still speaking what she calls british, and t. bone has pretty much mastered the australian accent as he hopes to live there some day.