Friday, October 31, 2014

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Halloween.  I have the Halloween spirit.  It has been a hard holiday for me on more than a few of the last 6 years because my mom was the source of much of my love for this holiday.  I miss her a lot especially since her Halloween scarf and hat still faintly smell of her, and although it is hard, I am grateful for the memories. 

Pumpkin bran muffins.  I came across a recipe I tweaked this week that is what I believe to be the perfect marriage of nutty bran and silky pumpkin.  Not to mention that said muffin is the perfect companion for a cup of cinnamon coffee.

Ina's new cookbook is out.  I'm putting  Make it Ahead on my Christmas list.

Inspiration.

Andy Cohen's book.  I lol through my miles. He slays me!

Coach and I are going away for our anniversary this weekend to one of our favorite places. We can only steal away for 24 hours, but I am all about quality not quantity.

The kids will get to spend time with their grandparents and cousins. It's a win win.

Signs, harbingers, foretokens and such.

An invitation to see James Taylor next week.  The last and only time I saw him was in the aire libre on a quintessential July night.  I didn't want to ruin that perfect memory, but a free ticket is a free ticket!

November.  October is hands down my most beloved month of the year, but November is a close second runner.