Friday, October 24, 2014

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A 19 year! long and loving marriage, and a husband who not only puts up with all my quirks but maybe even loves them. 

Two amazing kids.  Conferences were this week and there was not a single negative shared about either one of them.  Both their teachers gushed and praised.  Lily came home exalting how happy she was, and Ted didn't say anything, but I could tell.

Dedicated teaching teams and a school community that is strong and supportive.
 
I'm beyond grateful to have them in the same school again too.

The Judge.  Despite less than stellar reviews, Coach and I both enjoyed the film.  I think the cast was brilliant, and I appreciate a good family drama that isn't all happily ever after since rarely is it so irl.

Books.  Still have my nose in The Goldfinch, and still a fan of Theo Decker.

Pumpkin seeds just a tad burnt and for breakfast.

A glorious weekend forecast.  This fall has been perfectly perfect.
 
Tonight's spectacular sunset on the farm.


The way her instructor is amazed at what she is already doing.


Getting up a half hour early this morning to put the banana bread in the oven just because I know the way they like it best is fresh baked and hot.
 
Our costumes are ready for the weekend all except for T. Bone. 
 
 
Halloween spirit.
 
Long midday autumn walks.  Slightly cloudy and somewhat cool days.  Tree lined paths and geese lined ponds.
 
 
Awe.
 
Appreciation.
 
Also known as gratitude.
 
Knowing life is not perfect, but it is good and full and meaningful.