I don't read Vogue, but I was inspired by Lindsey at A Design So Vast to answer these questions posed to Anna Wintour in a recent interview.
1. How long have you been in the area?
All my life I have lived within walking distance from the Milwaukee River with the exception of four years in Madison and several summers out east.
2. What’s your favorite season in Milwaukee?
Fall is perfect here.
3. What’s your favorite activity in Milwaukee?
Spending time on the shores of Lake Michigan.
4. Would you ever leave Milwaukee?
It's unlikely at this point that I'd leave Wisconsin, but perhaps Milwaukee.
5. What are three words to describe living in Milwaukee?
Easy, accessible, entertaining
6. What’s your favorite movie?
Just one? Moonstruck, Cousins, E.T., The Graduate, Good Will Hunting, Godfather I and II, Terms of Endearment, The Shining, Four Seasons, Polar Express, Toy Story (all), A Christmas Story, Casablanca, Titanic, Usual Suspects, I Love You Man.
7. Favorite movie in past five years?
Silver Linings Playbook
8. Favorite Hitchcock film?
The Birds because it was the first I saw.
9. Favorite TV show that’s currently on?
Homeland, Parenthood. Modern Family
10. What’s a book you plan on reading?
11. A book you read in school that positively shaped you?
Toni Morrison's Beloved
12. A book you read in school that you never think of?
On the Road by Jack Kerouac
13. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now?
14. iPhone or Android?
15. Twitter or Instagram?
16. Vine or Snapchat?
17. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
18. What’s the coolest thing in this room?
My twin tabbies.
19. What’s your favorite Milwaukee restaurant?
We don't do much fine dining these days, but I'd go to Sala for a nice meal. I love Hooligans for sandwiches, Lisa's, Zaffiro's and Transfer for pizza, and La Merenda for small plates.
20. What’s your favorite food?
cheese and crackers, chicken cordon bleu, poached eggs, popcorn, pineapple
21. Least favorite food?
Gamey meats like venison.
22. What do you love on your pizza?
Lately, pepperoni, black olive, onions and Parmesan.
23. Favorite drink?
Coffee in the morning, water throughout the day and wine at night.
24. Favorite dessert?
Although I'm a baker, I'm not a big dessert person, but a piece of chocolate cake with ganache is something I can never deny.
25. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
26. Weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
A live goldfish. Actually, I technically drank it at a frat party.
27. What’s the hardest part about being a mom?
Simultaneously giving my kids roots and wings.
28. What’s your favorite band?
29. Favorite solo artist?
Rickie Lee Jones and Jack Johnson
30. Favorite lyrics?
It's not that it goes too fast, it's just that it goes at all. Jack Johnson/Turn Your Love and also Paula Fuga's Country Road...What's meant to be will always be though I control my destiny.
31. If your life were a song, what would the title be?
If you want to be happy BE
32. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
Michael Buble or Jimmy Fallon.
33. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
Guitar..it's still on my list.
34. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
I have two.
35. To be or not to be?
36. What’s Oprah like in person?
Electric. I was in her audience once.
37. What number of question was this?
38. Dogs or cats?
39. Kittens or puppies?
40. Dolphins or koalas?
Dolphins in the surf as I walk along the shore.
41. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
whale-watching unless it's owl-watching
42. What’s your spirit animal?
The owl and the coyote.
43. Best gift you’ve ever received?
My son and then my daughter.
44. Last gift you gave a friend?
A book. Karen Maezen Miller's Paradise Now. She texted me minutes ago upon finishing it to tell me again what a gift it was.
45. A person you want to have coffee with?
Joan Didion or Merryl Streep
46. A historical figure you’d love to have coffee with?
Ernest Hemmingway although he'd probably have a cocktail.
47. How do you like your coffee?
With sweet cream.
48. Can I play a note on this piano?
49. What’s your favorite curse word?
Frickin' and jack#*!
50. What’s your favorite board game?
51. What’s your favorite country to visit?
52. What’s the last country you visited?
53. What country do you wish to visit?
Ireland, Spain and Italy
54. What do you see in this image right here?
55. Can you write down your favorite word that starts and ends with the same vowel?
56. What’s your favorite color?
57. Least favorite color?
58. What color dress did you wear to your prom?
Bubble gum pink
59. Diamonds or pearls?
Depends on the day
60. Cheap shampoo or expensive?
61. Blow-dry or air-dry?
air-dry whenever at all possible
62. Heels or flats?
63. Can you give an impersonation of someone?
64. Can you do the same impersonation with a British accent?
65. My friend outside this window would love to ask you a question?
66. [Holding two different colored dresses] Which should I give my girlfriend?
67. Pilates or yoga?
Yoga once in awhile.
68. Jogging or swimming?
69. Best way to decompress?
Read, write, cook or hike.
70. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
71. Can you describe an experience you felt most nervous?
Last winter when I hit the slopes for the first time in twenty+ years.
72. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
Weird...I never trust myself to spell it correctly. I also think irregardless because although it isn't "a word," it is so often used, hence misused.
73. Last question: Is this the strangest interview you’ve ever had?