Monday, September 8, 2014

On My Mind Monday


Many people live habitually as if the present moment were an obstacle that they need to overcome in order to get to the next moment.

Ekhart Tolle

I finally finished 10% Happier.  The third time was a charm, and I ended up finding some value in Harris' journey to find more peace of mind.  I am intrigued to learn more about meditation from more credible practicers...more practiced pratitioners if you will.  Today was only day two for me.  I was looking forward to starting my day and week sitting, but I had an even more difficult time keeping my thoughts from roaming than the first time.  Five minutes felt like two though so I am hopeful that this is something that I can incorporate with great benefit into my daily routine.  Being present...living mindfully is of utmost importance to me even as I struggle to do so continuously, and I have hope that meditation will be an outlet to help me better be. here. now.