Friday, September 26, 2014

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Rose.  She has been back in this state for almost a year only I first saw her last Sunday.  Just knowing that she's nearby...that I can see her...is extremely comforting.  That being said, we have plans to get together again real soon.

Carmelized squash.  It's hard to believe it's good for me when it's roasted with a little dark brown sugar. Hmmm...maybe it's not.

Indian summer.  Weeks worth.

Tackling projects.  Looming ones.

A short week.

The kids had off yesterday for Rosh Hashanah so Coach and I took off too.  We went out for breakfast at the diner.  Then we did a little of this and a little of that.  Coach and I squeezed in a fast few miles.  And now it's already Friday.

A date with my son last night.  We curled up in my bed to watch a new show.  The show was pretty good and an hour with just him...great.

Cooking with Miss Bit.  She and I made pot stickers yesterday to accompany our favorite stir fry. At first she balked when she saw me add mushrooms to the mixture, but that didn't stop her from being the first one to sample our new recipe, and to declare it "awesome."  That gives weight to the idea that if you get kids involved in the kitchen, they will be more daring, open minded eaters.

Homeland Season 3 arrived in the mail today.

So did this little nugget of a book.

Unsent letters.

Refusing to pet the sweaty stuff.

My cousin Carol received good news times 2 in the past week.

Friday night on the farm.