Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sunny and Snowing

It's sunny and snowing.  The finest little flakes are falling despite the fact that it's bright and cloudless.  I just ran to get donuts for the kids in my pajamas.  Pajamas that are clearly pajamas.  Both of these seemingly unrelated facts perfectly define my mood today.

I'm out of sorts.

Woebegone rarely defines my Saturday state of mind, but when I woke before dawn this morning, the thoughts started streaming before I could get back to dreaming.  The coulds shoulds woulds took hold before I could turn them off.  Four hours and two cups of coffee later and I'm right where I started.

Except even in the few minutes I've been sitting here trying to clear my muddled mind, the clouds have moved in and the world...the day is starting to make more sense.

All I can say is that I love when the Internet...when the universe is listening to me when I am talking writing.

I also love when the universe is talking and I am listening.

Today I am straining, but finally faintly hearing: This is the day the lord has made let us rejoice and be glad for it.