Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving Day

Tigger started to insist that I stir at 5:00 this morning.  It was still dark out.  I finally gave in to his efforts at 7:00.  His efforts include uncovering me, standing on my bladder and pawing at my face.  Yet I'm still thankful for he and his brother our unconditionally loving dog cats.

Miss Bit was up before me.  I'm here with my second cup of coffee and she's there next to me turning naked Barbies into exquisite fashion plates in her sketch portfolio.  She just told me that she most wants a bearded dragon for Christmas.  I'm thankful that she wasn't too disappointed when I told her that Santa is under strict orders from parents not to bring pets.  I love animals, but I don't do reptiles.

I just put out kibble for the critter buffet. Miss Bit is watching the rodent antics and just chimed in, "this is way better than t.v."  I'm thankful that it is another beautiful day.  It's already in the 50s and will be perfect for a long walk before the festivities commence this afternoon.  My contributions to today's meal are complete.  My pumpkin bars are made, the wine chilling, Turkey Trot and Harvest Blend coffee ground, cheese platter ready to be assembled and Mom's zucchini casserole is waiting to bake. I'm thankful my dad and step-mom love to cook this meal and share it with us.  I love to cook, but not this meal.

I'm thankful that Coach just got up and is making breakfast: a cheesy bagel for her and camel's eyes for the rest of us.  We'll save most of our calories for what I have heard is typically a 2500 calorie meal.

I'm thankful that I am filled with gratitude today.

No comments: