Friday, November 23, 2012

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

A very Happy Thanksgiving and these two for graciously hosting a fine gathering.


They cooked a meal that was so worth every single calorie.  Without a doubt the show stopper was this bird.  My dad brined it and then used copious amounts of butter to ensure it was juicy and moist and flavorful.  Mmmmm!


Leftovers.

The annual picture which reveals that T. Bone is, in fact, officially taller than I am now!


My two.  So stinkin' cute and sweet and mine!


That they could have been a Brook's Brothers ad.  Bodi would be posing for L.L. Bean, however.


Long distance connections.  I was able to talk to four of my cousins in other states (GA and CO) and my Uncle in another zip code yesterday.  

Prince and the Pea.  Miss Bit corralled  Peanut atop two bean bags and inside a tent under an afghan and he just grins and bares it.  It is, after all, attention and this little chicolito loves him some amor.


Sadly Joe left us this week.  I say three years is a good long life for a Beta fish, yet I worried about how Miss Bit would take his passing.  There were tears and this sweet note.  She opted to flush him, said prayers to the porcelain God and sent him on his way back to the sea.  Candy cane ice cream and the promise of sleeping in Mom and Dad's room abated most of the sadness.


This girl is ready for the sun and the cold.  No, we did not purchase these rather enormous ear muffs.


T. Bone got into character (Wilbur Wright) for his wax museum this week.  He didn't want to, and then he rocked it.  

Playing chicken with these toms this week.  They ran and ran just trying to get away from me. All I wanted was a picture.  I was glad that I was alone at the preserve because I felt like I was harassing them and it looked like I was hunting them for our Thanksgiving dinner..


Time to travel on all the trails at the Audubon this week.  


PS22 singing Home in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  My kids were guffawing that I was balling...happy sad tears...heart filled up weepies.

An annual tradition.  Bagels and bacon with my college roomie and her family the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  I love that we carve this time out of our busy weekends to reconnect this time each year.  I cannot wait to see her.  It's never enough time, but I gratefully take what I can get, and I don't throw a fit.

Coach made me my favorite breakfast Thanksgiving morn, and he served it in his handsome cap.  Then we headed out for a fast paced few miles in shorts!  It was sublime.


Camel's eyes it be.  Most people call them bullseyes or eggs in a hole, but my Grandma Rose always called them camel's eyes and that is exactly what they are in Casa Wags to this day.


I had to work today.  I didn't want to after all the festivities yester..day and night, but it was copacetic.  Coach took the kids to a movie and they brought home their leftover popcorn.  Then I left early, bought a tree for my dining room, steered clear of black Friday shopping (sickening) and made cheese danish and spinach quiche for tomorrow.  

It dropped 30 degrees today and there were flurries on my way to work.  I don't know why, but today that felt like a warm blanket.

Good night...I'm going to watch Charlie Brown.


No comments: