Friday, November 16, 2012

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

The way I have noticed the stars super sparkling in the chilly November night skies and 
loving the dark even more because of it.

Warm apple crisp with cold vanilla ice cream for dessert on the night of the first snow (flurries).


Our resident milk thief.  His weapon: the paw!  His bounty: every last drop.


Playing fair.  Miss Bit tried to pay T. Bone $15 for the Japanese soda he brought home from hibachi the other night after she drank her's.  He refused on account of the fact that the transaction wasn't fair.

Arm & Hammer laundry soap.  It smells happy and makes me feel good about doing laundry!

I was able to cross most of the items off my to do list the other day.  Of course, I've added as many as I've accomplished.

This chicken stew. ..colorfully healthy, delicious and easy.  Heat up 1 T EVOO in dutch oven.  Saute a shallot (or onion), a clove or 2 of crushed garlic, and 2-3 slices of bacon.  Remove and drain.  Add 1 T EVOO and  3-4 cups cubed potatoes to pan.  (I used fingerling and just halved them) Saute 5 minutes and then add cubed chicken (3-4 breasts).  Cook until potatoes are tender and chicken is golden (about 5 minutes).  Then add chopped veggies of choice.  I added 2 zucchini, 1 red pepper, 1 jalapeno and 2 cups of corn kernels off cob. Saute about 5 more minutes.  Then add garlic mixture, cover and cook at 350 for 20 minutes.  Salt, pepper and serve.


Sibling rivalry love.  See those smiles...feel the love.


Clouds.  I was paying lots of attention to the clouds overhead while I walked the other day.  The ripples were aligned in perfect waves: row upon row.  It was a sight.  Just then Stegner's protagonist, Susan, refers to the battlefields of clouds above her and I was tickled, exactly..how did you know?  That was a text to world connection.

How excited the kids get to receive packages in the mail.  Yes, big Christmas bundles already!



Coach is enjoying a north wood's weekend with his dad and brothers.  Miss Bit is keeping his side of the bed   warm and snuggly.

A just because gift from a friend today.  I never knew I needed a bang buster until she presented me with one!!

I have plans with one friend tonight and another tomorrow.

Next week is a short holiday week.


No comments: