Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Heaven To Earth

Very early this morning I woke, looked at the clock and smiled because I was so happy I could go back to sleep.  In those dead as night pre-dawn hours, my body was resting while my mind was off running.  I was with my Mom in the only dream that stayed with me upon waking.  She looked so good and strong that I assumed it was a flashback.  I confessed to her that she would get sick and die soon.  Too soon.  A shimmer of sadness flashed in her eyes.  Oh, I'm already gone honey, she managed to say.  She reminded me not to forget the good things in life...the reasons for living through the sad and painful.  We shared some tears and a long hug.  Not long enough for I tried so hard to hold her tight in my arms even as she crumbled like ashes.  Dust to dust.  Heaven to earth.

No comments: