Friday, July 20, 2012

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

6 days off.
2 of which were spent at the lake.
The boys played king of the raft.




The girls had fun frogging even if they didn't catch any today.
It wasn't for lack of trying though.
They got right in the thick of things...things being lily pads.



We also kept cool during a mid-week matinee showing of Ice Age 4.  It was cute and clever for us all.  The sloths were hilarious.  Due to 5 minutes of technical difficulties, the movie was gratis.  It ended up being a bargain afternoon.

Lots of time for long walks.  Walks I'm enjoying especially while listening to The Brave. It's a great story and the narration is impeccable.

Both kids had successful sleepovers this week.  That's cause for gratitude since T. Bone had to be picked up in the wee hours the last 2 times and Miss Bit has had trouble sleeping even at home night after night.  Never mind, that both these slumber parties were at our house.

Miss Bit's "issues" are slowly improving.  At least the lines of communication are open.  She's vowed me to secrecy so that's all I can share.

Any doubt I ever had that my girl is an old soul is completely out the window now.  She is ancient, deep, wise and true.

Michigan gladiolas.


Last night we were back in the stands for game #1 of the district tournament.
I'm not quite sure who had more butterflies...T. Bone or Coach.


Turns out they need not have fretted.


This was the scoreboard at the end of the game.  It was a slaughter.  T. Bone pitched 39 pitches and scored the first run.  He hit a beautiful triple.  Spirits were high and adrenaline was flowing.  I felt slightly sorry for the ladies in the booth next to these celebrants at the post-win party.  We stopped for Mexican.  I'm pretty sure they all ordered chicken wings though.


This girl was all smiles that they had chicken tenders on the concession menu. 


Fans.  T. Bone had quite a contingency in the stands.  Not to mention the 9/10 team made the 45 minute trek to cheer on the 10/11s.

Today my friend told me today that she and her husband were impressed that T. Bone stepped away from the excitement of the win and the team bonding to thank them for coming to his game.  I didn't know he did that.  Didn't hear it, see it or tell him to do it.  I'm always filled to the brim with gratitude and pride when I hear things like this.

Next game is Saturday.

T. Bone's only concern after his game was calling his uncle to inquire about his practice round.  He's gearing up for a little tournament of his own this weekend.

Shrimp tacos with avocado and cilantro crema.

2 against 2.  And no one got hurt.


Only 18 days until these 2 celebrate birthdays.  I cannot believe my baby will be 8.  T. Bone's bud will be 11.


Watch cats?  Scaredy cats?


Damage control.


Rain.

Tears.

My friend for reminding me you don't need many when you've got a good few!

No comments: