Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Today

I just reread yesterday's post.  I almost deleted it.  I thought about erasing it since I'm vague and elusive from beginning to end.  The feelings I dance clumsily around here are clear to me nonetheless.  This is my blog.  It is written by me, for me.  It is in this spirit that I decided to keep the ambiguous entry.  Life is a process...a journey.  This blog chronicles mine.  It would be inauthentic for me to only talk about life's sweetness.  As a writer, it is paramount that I come here with honest intentions.  Being open and vulnerable is incredibly uncomfortable for me, but I believe that discomfort promotes growth.  Growth is what I ultimately seek. So when I share that I am having more down yos than up yos, it's because I'm going from wallowing to working it out.  I'm moving on.  I'm inching forward.

I don't divulge my emotional compass to make other people uncomfortable, to evoke pity or to cause alarm.  I share because it is cathartic for me.

So with my peace said, I feel compelled to put it out there that today is a better day.  Today is a good day.  Today the smallest of things are bringing me big joy.  Small things like lying in bed talking about the day ahead with T. Bone, seeing the prehistoric looking crane standing still on the lagoon's edge, watching the formidable hawk take flight across the field being mobbed by a blackbird, feeling the wispy breeze mitigating the oppressive heat, enduring a sweaty, fast four miles faster yet because I'm well into The Great Gatsby, enjoying a baguette and a good hunk of aged cheddar and sitting here giddy over the reality of a free and clear afternoon.

Today I close with this from The Great Gatsby...
And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had the familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.
There was so much to read, for one thing, and so much fine health to be pulled down from the breath-giving air.

I close with this because I feel like life is beginning over again with the new day today.





No comments: