Friday, July 13, 2012

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

My brother and SIL joined us for an impromptu post softball game supper last night.  I think they enjoyed leftover Thursday.  The spread included meatball grinders, pasta with asparagus, parmigiana and poached egg, and roasted Brussels sprouts.

It's been a beautiful week here.  Warm days, cooler at night and cooler near the lake.  Today the heat returns so we are returning to our favorite little lake to keep cool.

We made a pit stop at Whole Foods this week.  The back story is this: I was telling my friend this weekend that I love the store, but no matter what it is $50 a bag and I always manage to leave with 2 bags.  T. Bone took that literally.  So when we moseyed through the store only managing to pick up a lavender plant, a pint of heirloom tomatoes and a bar of Rose scented soap, he was incredulous that I would pay $50 bucks for 3 items and deny him a bag of gummy worms which most certainly would fit in our $50 bag.

A bike ride along the lakefront with my kids this week on a beautiful afternoon.  We worked off some of our burgers and fries lunch.  Coach joined us at the snack bar.  It was a treat in numerous ways.

The kids played board games several times just the two of them this week.  Yesterday, I had to play on Miss Bit's team during Clue.  T. Bone out-strategized us, but no one was reduced to tears.

Polar bottles.

Homemade ice cream cookwiches.



Miss Bit lost 2 teeth twice this week.  The Tooth Fairy apparently trusts my girl because she delivered not just cash, but nice smelling bath gel too.


I'm on vacation for the week.  Well, I'm on staycation and that suits me just fine.  No big plans just possibilities.

No comments: