Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome New Year

This past week my blog has taken on the appearance of a photo album. Sure, I have been busy ('tis the season), but I have to come clean and admit that my words have been evading me, sentences ever elusive. No pictures today though because we are all still in our jam jams lounging around the family room watching football while cuddling. It's snowing outside. Finally the ground is white. Of course, the kids go back to school tomorrow, but they have plans to get outside with friends in 2:49 when the game ends. T. Bone has dreams of snowboarding and Miss Bit would like to sled.

Miss Bit just warned, "The Packers are losing, but there's no need to panic."

T. Bone woke at 11:11 just in time to get his fantasy football team in order. Miss Bit didn't grace us with her presence until after noon. We didn't come home to bed until 2012. The party we all vowed we would stay at for only one hour proved much more festive and fun than we anticipated and none of us wanted to leave so we didn't. We cooked the pizza that was going to be supper for breakfast and will play games tonight after dinner. I made two pots of soup because it's just that kind of a day: lazy, cozy, warm, comforting. Hubby doesn't know it, but in 2:18 he'll be starting a fire, making me a hot toddy and letting me win at Scrabble.

This is exactly the kind of day we all needed and the perfect way to welcome the new year.

And Miss Bit was right. With 1:10 left in the game we are now up by 4.

No comments: