Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Today's Thoughts

I didn't want to get up this morning.
When I finally did roll out of bed, I had only 20 minutes to make T. Bone breakfast and lunch.
I still managed to send him off with a full tummy after a warm meal proving that I perform best under pressure.

I'm trying to phase out 1 of my 2 cups of morning coffee with a cup of green tea.
It probably shouldn't be the first I forgo.
I didn't much enjoy my tea for the whole time I sat sipping it.
I was coveting my coffee.

Miss Bit is eating her breakfast and watching cartoons beside me.
I didn't mind that she changed the channel because I have little interest in the academy award nominations.
I find Curious George more endearing than Brangelina these days.
For the life of me, I'm trying to get to the bottom of a bowl of oatmeal.
I know breakfast is important, but I'm not much into it most mornings.

I made a list of what I need to make laundry soap and I'm a little giddy about doing that today.
And maybe just a little more excited to find the perfect container in which to store it.
Too bad I already stripped the beds and started a load.
Oh well, there's always more where that came from.

After I drop Miss Bit off at school, I am looking forward to a long walk.
It's a chilly, grey day so I'll bundle up and brave it.
When I return, I'll fix a bowl of last night's leftover minestrone to warm me from the inside out.
It was quite good with the layers of flavor: onion, garlic, fresh rosemary, bay, parsley and basil.
Not too mention a little freshly grated Parmesan on top of the crunchy veggies and nutty pasta.

Last week I committed to meeting a friend downtown tonight.
She needed a wing woman, and she asks little of me.
Regrettably, I bowed out on her yesterday.
I'm really grateful that she understands that right now I just don't feel up to meeting new people, being in a crowd or being on.
I'm rather off.
It's why I'm talking about sleep and soup and laundry, but at least I'm still talking.

No comments: