Friday, January 13, 2012

Grateful Friday



Today I give thanks for...

SNOW. Our world is finally white. I took the kids to the hill after school yesterday despite the fact that we could still see grass and had only a short window of daylight left. I really didn't want to go out in the cold, wet wind after a long day, but I knew it would make their's and so I did. He tried to snowboard, but there really wasn't enough snow to maneuver, and before long they were both sledding.


I took Miss Bit and her friend again today. There was more snow and many more kids. The girls giggled, got rosy cheeks and decided it was hot cocoa time just as I could no longer feel my fingers.

T. Bone was just as stoked about ski club this week as last week with the fresh powder and all.

He asked me to take him to an area ski hill after school yesterday. When he saw the look on my face he said, "What? If I don't ask, I'll never know." He's got an opportunistic point there.


I scored major points with both kiddos this week when I made a pitcher of their favorite Starbuck's passion fruit lemonade. Homemade it's about $1 per glass, which is a savings of $3 per serving.

Reading the stack of T. Bone's thank yous before sending them today. I think he does such a great job of conveying his gratitude and excitement. Miss Bit is an impressive little writer for the 7 year old she is too.


I deChristmased. It was time.

My new Rickie Lee Jones anthology. It was a gift from my bil this Christmas. There are numerous tracks I do not have on other recordings and I am so swooning over it.

My girl and I are sitting here watching a tear jerking episode of Extreme Makeover Home as if there's any other kind...they are all sob fests. The losses these families endured made her miss her Nanny real bad. We had a good cry and a real, true heart to heart. She told me that she just feels so sad for me that I don't have my Mom and that just blows my mind for a 7 year old to embrace and express such empathy. Then she asked me if I thought that after we went to heaven we can come back as another person with a new life. I wasn't prepared to answer her question especially since I was just a tad verklempt after our exchange so I told her that some people believe that to be true. She claims to be a believer too. She brought up Alice and wanted to hear how she came to be her special friend. I told her she was a gift from Nanny so she would always be as close as a hug away from her best girl...that she was with Nanny until she went to heaven and then she gave her to my Bit. To that my amazing girl said, "And your gift was getting to be her daughter and getting to say goodbye." Wow I say..W.O.W.

Tomorrow we have plans to hike a trail with Grandma, Grandpa and their snow loving lab. Should be fun.

It's a long weekend. We all are lucky to be off on Monday.

No comments: