Saturday, October 1, 2011

Daybook

Outside my window the sun is shining and my lawn is littered with so many beautiful leaves.
I am thinking how I desperately wish I had more energy to enjoy this early autumn day...this season...this life.
I am thankful I have the house all to myself because in this state I am not good company.
In the kitchen a little while ago I made malts to celebrate T. Bone's first football victory of the season and his incredible running game.
I am wearing all black to fit the mood: yoga pants, fleece pullover, baseball hat and a braid in my unshowered hair.
I am creating the perfect pity party.
I am going to pick up some movies...probably tearjerkers...so I can escape my worries and woes even for just awhile.
I am wondering when I will feel like myself again.
I am reading little more than cookbooks right now, but I've got quite a stack in cue.
I am hoping to find hope again.
I am looking forward to bedtime tonight.
I am hearing my clocks tick in time, the wind ring through my chimes, my heart beat and that annoying little voice in my head.
Around the house there are piles and projects.
I am pondering the purpose of it all...everything.
One of my favorite things is usually just this time of the day...this time of the weekend.
A few plans for the rest of the week are to do what I can to rescue myself from this funk.
Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...I love this one. The piece of art my children are examining is exactly the way life presents itself to me right at this moment.



linking up over at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ today.

1 comment:

Denise :) said...

Funks are hard to deal with, aren't they? I hope yours is quickly passing and your days brighten soon. Love your photo -- all the chaotic colors! :)