Monday, October 3, 2011

On My Mind Monday...Time


Give it time...take the time...make time...keep time...buy time...mark time...lose time...pass time...time heals...time flies...time stands still...behind the times...all in good time...on borrowed time...there is a time...out of time...time's up...pressed for time...no time like the present...the time is ripe...from time to time...a stitch in time...in due time...not enough time...too much time on your hands...race against time...time-out...sands of time...about time...the best of times...the worst of times...bide your time...just in time...in no time...high time...make good time...make up for lost time...time will tell...once upon a time...third times a charm...in the nick of time...a matter of time.

Oh Time,

You are an unforgiving, relentless tease. You are both siren and muse. Just as I pay you credence, you carry on forward causing me to lose my focus and miss the moment. Moments march into months only to become decades and suddenly I'm out of breath wondering how it is I got to this point...this place. It's exhausting playing cat and mouse with you day after day. I love you and yet, I despise you all the same. I never feel like I have enough of you. Here and then gone just like that. I want to use you wisely...savor you...make the most of you. Let me tell you that is near impossible when I find myself lamenting over the loss of you. You make me girlishly giddy one moment and paralyzed with fear - frozen in time - the very next. I mean let's face it...once you are gone, you are gone forever. I cannot get you back. Oh sure...there may be more of you, but I never know how much (not sure I'd even want to), and the mere fact that you are not limitless haunts me always. I'm forever aware of you, trying to gage you, keep you at bay, slow you down and maybe even outrun you. As you know all too well...I have yet to win our race. Come to think of it, don't know a single soul who has.

But listen here Time. I'm on to you. I don't have time for your games. You may win the race in the end, but I'm going to enjoy it all along the long and winding way.

No comments: