Friday, October 28, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Waking up snuggled in with Miss Bit this morning even though between my cat and my kid, it didn't feel like I got much sleep last night during our "sleep over." She thrashed and kicked, he kneaded and nestled. It was OK though because we all have the day off so we just slept a little longer this morning.

And then we woke to a bright, sunny day never mind that the yard was frost-covered.

A family fun day today. We have plans to meet Aunt Jess for ice skating mid-day. I'll also be ever grateful if the kids' skates still fit and if I manage to stay upright.

Although I didn't cook much worth mentioning this week, I did tweak a recipe for chicken enchilada pasta I saw somewhere and it was so good. I think hubby and I were both a bit glad the littles didn't want to give it a try because we made several meals of it. They were quite content with their boring buttered noodles.

An impromptu invitation to join friends for dinner at their beach club last week. The waves were rip roaring outside while the kids played on the shore and the fire a blazing inside while the adults caught up, chatted, and stayed warm and dry.

T. Bone's conferences. He has earned high regard thus far from all his teachers and is getting all A's and a B.

That I caved and booed my own children because Miss Bit could not have been any happier about the exciting surprise. T. Bone was glad to get a BW3 gift card, but more contained because he's 10 and cool and that gift card probably came from a girl you know.




Knowing it's all about the little things.


Holiday spirit.


A date at the coffee shop with my girl after her doctor appointment. An icy tea for her and a hot coffee for me. She's smiling that wide because she didn't need any shots and won't until the 6th grade, which is like another whole lifetime to her is all.




This crazy climber.




This Lil Gaga.


An impromptu hike down a path I once traveled upon often. The sky that day was mesmerizing and majestic.



My kids love water...our lake...just like I do.


No comments: