Friday, October 21, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

16 years. 16 years ago today I married the most amazing man. I am grateful for him and for my marriage.

Miss Bit and I looked through our wedding album this morning. She didn't recognize a few family members because they have changed so much. I can't believe how many loved ones we've lost in that time.

Taking time to sit around the table for breakfast with my family on a school/work morning today.

Joni Mitchell on the way to work this morning, and especially this line from Clouds: Well, something's lost but something's gained in living every day. I think I have a Mitchell song or two for every decade of my life.

A message from a friend I haven't talked for too long waiting for me at work, and plans to get together with her soon.

The commitment to remove the words can't and should from my lexicon, and to keep using the word no when I need to without guilt or fear.

Friends who call to tell you they want to come hang out with your kids so you can have a nice dinner out and they really mean it.

Miss Bit believed that the scene of mass carnage in Ohio as reported on the news was simply sleeping animals.

The leak that saturated part of the rec room last weekend was a. only water b. detected quickly and c. fixed relatively easily.

Smartwool.

Spending the day with my aunt Wednesday. We went for a walk in the rain and then out for some shopping.

Grilled chicken fajitas, cheesy patitsio and carry in noodles on this week's menu.

Haircuts: one for her and one for me. We are both loving our new lengths.

Homework Club and T. Bone for voluntarily attending it of his own free will.

Scenes from the week.






It's Friday again!

No comments: