Friday, October 7, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

OMG these cupcakes...make them, bake them and share them. I added more cocoa and extra chocolate chips. You can halve the frosting or skip it even cuz' they almost don't need it.

Apple season. I'm trying to buy as much organic produce as I can and especially the dirty dozen, a group that includes apples. I'm torn, not so much by the higher price, but the lack of varieties available that haven't been sprayed by up to 60 different pesticides and then waxed to look pretty.

Indian Summer. It has maybe been the very best week of the year especially for this cooler in the morning and evening loving girl. There is no change in our immediate forecast.

A light and tasty lemon chicken dish enjoyed by the family this week. Because we eat so much poultry, I am always trying to change it up a bit.

During our coffeetalk one morning this week, Miss Bit said, "A person is born every minute." I wondered where she learned that tidbit, and then she told me she just thought it. When I suggested we Google it, her eyes lit up like a Christmas tree...so excited she was to have such knowledge literally at our fingertips. The answer was 255 people. She was wowed. Then she wanted to know how many people die each minute. 108. She looked a little forlorn for a moment, but then said, "God gives more people life every minute than death. That is an AMAZING discovery!" She is an amazing 7 year old.

Oh and her teacher thinks so too. At open house this week she gushed about how much she loves Lil Bit. I told her that she has a big fan in Miss Bit as well, and then she put her hand up to her mouth and whispered to me, "No, she's the one. The 1!" I cannot agrue with that or with a teacher who has favorites especially since it's my Bit.

T. Bone wandered in when I was watching Dancing With The Stars this week. He became completely absorbed in J.R.'s routine and the backstory. He is unbelievably compassionate and empathetic for a 10 year old. I'm really enjoying this season and this cast. Carson is wildly entertaining, Rickie is refreshingly a better dancer than her slimmer, more athletic contenders, and David Arquette is vulnerable and sweet.

Grapeseed oil and vegetables (especially brocoli) roasted in a little of it.

Evidence of Dad's do. Unfortunately these curlers are a don't. They do not work.





Personal pan pizzas.





The way this girl can rock her boots.


Chill time.



I had the patio door open much of the week. At one point, the leaves were coming down so fast that it sounded like rain. It was such a peaceful sound, but then it made me sad. Sad because I just wish that fall could last until December 24th.




Leaves covering the ground. They serve as camo for Little Red when the hawk is on the hunt and also for Peanut and Tigger when they are on the prowl for chippies.



No comments: