Friday, October 14, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks...

For the Sunday NY Times magazine.
On Monday morning, Miss Bit washed two freshly picked apples to take to school for snack. One for herself and one for her teacher.
T. Bone braved his shot. He got a little nervous when he saw the needle, which made me chuckle cuz' he plays tackle football and I'm pretty sure that hurts worse and longer.
Buffalo chicken enchiladas, scalloped potatoes with ham and roasted French tomato soup this week.
Booing. Our baskets are almost ready. (I'll be ever grateful if one of our friends returns the boo because it would literally make Miss Bit's month hence her mama's too.)
Deep conversations with T. Bone. This week's topic du jour: the Holocaust. He's been introduced to that horror in preparation for a work of historical fiction the 5th graders are reading in social studies.
I found the last letter my Mom wrote me just before she passed. It's been missing for a long time (years). I was pretty sure I tucked it away somewhere safe (Bible) and had hope I would find it eventually. Eventually came Sunday morning before church.
Fall crafts with my girl. This week we turned rocks into jack o' lanterns. Free, festive and fun.
Plans to head to my Aunt and Uncle's garden, or patch, to pick pumpkins and gourds after school today.
My leg seems to be almost healed, although it's not as good as new yet. While the infection is finally controlled, the MRI revealed that I have a tear in my hamstring.
Miss Bit's Halloween costume is coming together. She's going to be a rock star. and of course, she's going to be cute, and pink and sparkly.

No comments: