Saturday, September 24, 2011

Around Here

I was up earlier than I wanted to be after a fitful night of sleep. I'm guessing not the snails, wine or decadent croque madame and bechamel agreed with my tummy nor my dreams. (The four hours of girl talk did). This dawn's dream gave me the shivers ten times worse than the other night's in which my attempts to foil a hungry tiger with my decoy and friend (albeit a nameless, faceless friend) failed and he chomped off my leg (my ailing leg) in one sharp bite instead of taking the bait. This morning's vision was so horrible that I'm choosing not to put it in words, but suffice it to say it had to do with last ditch, extremely experimental chemotherapy and my Mom. Yeah...time to rise and shine alright.

And the sun has indeed come out to play this morning, but the heat is on for the second time this week. Before kids, I used to try and holdout until November to fire up the furnace. Realistically, we would endure the chill until mid-October when we could see our breath inside and hubby could no longer...would no longer...take it. I don't need to point out that it's still September. Nonetheless, it's nice to know that our new furnace is working and ready to warm our house...only not for a few more weeks please. Thank you.

I came down to find Miss Bit standing in the kitchen eyeing up the tortes I brought home from the bistro last night. She told me her Dad told her she couldn't get up until 8:30. I pointed out that it was only 8:15. She was adamant that her clock read 8:30 and I believed her because hubby set it. I know he has something against actual time. His clock is off by like 40 minutes. T. Bone came staggering in seconds later with a bad case of bed head and sleep still in his eyes proclaiming, "Dad told me I HAD to get up at 8:30." The boy set his alarm on a Saturday. For the record, his Dad is still sleeping soundly. I think they were all in deep-dish pizza coma come bedtime anoche because none of this makes any sense to me.

The littles sampled their respective tortes for breakfast...hers chocolate and his fruit...and declared them delicious with a side of cold za. They better be at $6 bucks a pop. Then I tried them too and realized after doing so that I am to fast until 3:00 today when I have to go for some biometric screening for our health insurance. Oh well, I already decided I would have not one, but two coffees WITH cream this morning, and I dare not take my antibiotic on a completely empty stomach. Never mind that I've been to the walk in clinic, the doctor and the hospital in the last two weeks and yet not one heathcare professional has managed to take a vial of my blood. Argh. The timing of said appointment interferes with my presence at T. Bone's football game this afternoon, and so I'm especially unhappy. Tis' the quintessential football Saturday.

And it's the first fall weekend so I won't let it be soured or spoiled by the few things I have to do because I intend to spend most of it doing the things I want to do. And there you have it the way it is around here.

No comments: