Friday, September 9, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

The fact that it is finally Friday. For a short week, it has felt so very long.

Smitten Kitchen's delicious and simple Naked Tomato Sauce, and gardeners I know for sharing their boutiful harvest.

While shopping with the littles recently, I helped an elderly woman who was struggling to unload her cart. As we left the store Miss Bit told me, "Mom, I'm proud of you. That was very kind." That compliment could not have come from a better person as My Bit gets the kindness card every time.

Peanut is on Prozac. After the cat crisis we endured this week, I'll try anything to ease this guy's anxiety.

Tis' the season of crockpot cooking. This week I made the whole pot roast dinner. Pot roast sandwiches the next day just may be yummier than the day after Thanksgiving turkey sandwich.

Packer football. Last night the whole family gathered in the family room to cheer on our beloved team. I am going to try and be more of a fan this year.

T. Bone's first football game is tomorrow. He was so tuckered out from tough practices all week that he asked to go to bed at half time eventhough we would probably have let him stay up a bit later.

I edited over 1000 pictures this week, and am so happy to say that I am finally caught up.

Miss Bit has a date with her Grandma and Grandpa tonight. On the agenda: dinner out, swimming, hot tubbing, playing Monolopy, watching movies and shopping. I hope they are resting up today.

Hubby and I have plans to take T. Bone and a friend to dinner and a movie this evening.

Church on Sunday. I think September 11th will be a good time to return to God's house after an unplanned summer hiatus.

Miss Bit had quite the gift of the gab last night. She talked with her Grandma and Grandpa so long that the battery in their phone died. She even asked to speak with their dog. At one point I heard her ask each of them, "Tell me something funny that happened to you today, or this week, or ever." After her shower, she told me she wanted to call her grandma back because she makes her laugh. Grandma might want to get caller ID.

No more long pick up lines. After school, T. Bone runs up and retrieves his sister saving me stress and all of us time.

Rising earlier in the mornings. That extra 30 minutes makes for a much more relaxed start to my day. I feel more prepared, patient and present.

My leg is finally on the mend after 3 weeks. I even took a 4 mile walk this week. Next week I'm looking forward to taking a few.






No comments: