Thursday, September 15, 2011

Today

Today...

I woke up exactly a half hour before my alarm when I wanted every minute of shut eye possible this morning.

I took a very lukewarm shower causing me to make a mental note to schedule new water heater install yesterday.

I let my son go to school in the same sweatshirt he slept in last night. What? It was chilly and he looked so comfy.

I gave my girl a braid instead of a pony, and let her borrow a pair of my nylon footies so she could wear her sparkle ballet flats and not come home with a blister at the end of the day.

I went in search of my hot rollers for the first time in years and made another mental note to make a hair appointment ASAP!

I put cantaloupe in my smoothie despite the fact that George Stephanopolous was reporting cases of Listeria from said melon on the morning show. I figured we already ate it with dinner last night so too late.

I wore sandals in spite of temperatures in the 40s.

I was glad that the furnace crew was on time and also that hubby was home to inspect the job to be completed today.

I almost felt relieved that Miss Bit decided on the way to school that she really doesn't want to be a Brownie this year since there were like 35 girls in attendance for yesterday's meeting and the gym was complete chaos. The truth is that I'd rather not volunteer in said situation.

I had a nice chat with my Uncle on my way to work and found out that he and my Aunt plan to come for a visit in November.

I had a better day than yesterday because even work is far preferrable to visits to the doctor and than the hospital for an ultrasound of my leg that is not healing.

I enjoyed leftover, so so yummy summer skillet for lunch and lemony green tea for an afternoon pick me up.

I am beyond thankful for friends. One picked T. Bone up for football practice and another kept an eye on Miss Bit whilst I attended middle school orientation since hubby is away.

I met T. Bone's teachers and love them all, but especially the ones he is most fond of. I feel the chi with this school...I cannot believe how seamless and awesome this transition has been to middle school.

I came home to find that T. Bone managed to heat up most of his dinner after practice. Apparently he didn't see the bowl of glazed carrots that were on top of the pasta he happened to hone in on and subsequently inhale.

I didn't read any bedtime stories. Instead I was treated to a performance by the best duo ever. T. Bone played Lady Gaga on his guitar while Miss Bit sang (and pranced around in a pair of my heels in front of the fan). Tigger and Peanut were on back-up.

I almost didn't want to put my littles to bed they were that entertaining (and sweet). When I tucked T. Bone in he said, "I heart you Mom." Awwww!

I am right now covered in cats and finally eating a chicken breast for dinner at 9:00 at night. And I just may be watching the Jersey Shore and losing my appetite, which is not a bad thing since soon it will be breakfast.

No comments: