Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Writer's Block

50 More Things...
1. I have an annoying affinity for alliteration.
2. I like to make up or misuse words and conventions, which is somewhat problematic for an English major.
3. Whenever I am at an event and someone is speaking to the crowd, I always nod and smile often as if they are speaking directly, and only, to me.
4. Friday night is pizza night at Casa Wags, and it is a favorite of both the littles and the bigs.
5. It's much harder for me to make friends in my middle age than it was when I was younger, and the whole process is very quickly losing its allure. Less is more I keep reminding myself.

6. I am a touchy feely kind of person.
7. I swear by Aveda lipsticks...they are the best of the best.
8. I'm really into birds right now...on plates, painted on cards, in my yard, in my head.
9. Someday I hope to write a memoir, and I pray it gets published and even purchased.
10. I wish people weren't so selfish. Myself included.
11. It blows my mind that I have a middle schooler. I think 5th grade is too young for middle school, but I also have confidence that everything little thing's gonna be ok. I've learned how to channel my inner Bob Marley.
12. I am not a big risk taker.
13. I have a great deal to learn about blogging. I don't get the formatting on blogger any more. I rarely comment and don't understand the protocol when someone comments on one of my posts. There are many nuances I've got to get a grasp of if I'm going to keep this up.
14. More than anything else...well, almost anything...I wish my house had a roomy screened in porch.
15. I don't know how we ever thrived without the Internet. I still sometimes think it may be our demise...demise of civility that is.
16. I think every one's life has a soundtrack and that everyone should have a theme song for various periods in his/her life. Right now I'm ruminating on a new theme song. TBA.
17. I love reading cooking blogs most of all.
18. Summer is my least favorite season, but I still very much enjoy it.
19. I'm excited for the road trips in our future. I think that seeing the country...the world...is an invaluable gift we can give our children.
20. I absolutely love a good tearjerker and I'm not afraid to bawl through it.
21. I do not camp. Period. Amen.
22. I love dinner parties, but sadly I think they are a lost art. At times, I think I should have come of age in the 50's.
23. It would be nice to be a part of a book club again, but I'm just not sure I know enough serious readers to invite. It's been on my to do list for a couple years now.
24. I don't have a fancy cell phone and I'm not sure I ever will. I'm all about utility (and maybe antiquity).
25. I cannot stand the taste of gin ever since we swigged it straight and warm out out of the bottle before prom in the 80s in J.B.'s pantry.
26. I am not a gardener, but sometimes I really wish I were.
27. I live for the calm before the storm.
28. I have an incredibly hard time saying "no" to anyone except myself and canvassers with divergent politics from my own.
29. Every.Single.Day. I wish I could hit the pause button on my life.
30. I often put my foot in my mouth. Sorry. Please accept my apology.
31. I have always been an observer of life. I have to prod myself to get up and get in. I do it, but it's not always comfortable or natural.
32. Sage words of wisdom that I've always...ALWAYS...carried with me is that in order to grow one must step outside his/her comfort zone. I think that was the wise sounding of Rita Kinsler and it is 100% true.
33. I find that people disappoint me almost everyday, but people amaze me seven days of the week too. I'm working hard to focus on the later and let go of the former.
34. Life would be so much easier lived backwards.
35. The things that bother us in other people are actually the the things that burden us most about ourselves, yet we are often too short-sighted and trapped in denial to see it.
36. I want to fix all problems of all my loved ones and if someone is hurting or down and out I fixate on it. It is a constant, daily battle to let go of their burden and not carry it on my back.
37. I think the best role in the family is Grandma closely followed by Grandpa.
38. I'm going to bare and then bury it here...I am hurt that friends claim reading my blog is invasive. I feel like it is downplaying my role as a writer. If one of my friends had a blog, I would read it often.
39. Robin's eggs are beautiful. There really is no better blue although Tiffany blue is a close runner up.
40. Lulls in life are good. Stop. Breathe. Inhale. Exhale. Enjoy.
41. I get a rush from the sense of accomplishment I have when all the laundry in the house is done. That almost never happens.
42. Watch Modern Family if you want to laugh loud and hard. It is so worth 30 minutes a week.
43. It is important to always be true...to myself and my loved ones.
44. I often buy a bottle of wine just because I like the label.
45. There are only 5 books that I've started and not finished in the last 20 years. Three are on my bedside table right now. I dust them every week and one day I will finish them.
46. If I were to move, it would be on the outskirts of a quaint town in Northern New England.
47. I have a clock collection on my kitchen wall. It was my Mom's idea, but Jess was the one to give me my first clock. I get more compliments on it than any other decoration in my house.
48. Nothing is better than homemade salad dressing.
49. I think everyone should have a pet. Animals make the house more a home.
50. I dream most every night often about people I've loved and lost.

No comments: