Friday, June 17, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Finding Peanut at his new post throughout the day. He curls up on Miss Bit's bed to keep a close eye on our new fishy friend, Joe.
A new super light and super cool mesh hat, and my thoughtful friend for picking it up for me at the Nike store last week.
Uncle B. Bone and Aunt A. Bone were up at 4:30 a.m. and on the road for 14 hours, but they still stopped by to see a bit of T. Bone's baseball game on their way into town last Sunday.
Red and white Bordeauxs and my friend for kindly bringing several bottles back from France for me.
My in-laws for keeping the kiddos for a couple days this week and Mother Nature for clearing up the skies so they could enjoy the pool.
The perfect marinade for steak: soy sauce, sherry, garlic, brown sugar and EVOO.
Shopping with T. Bone and Miss Bit this week for just the right Dad's Day gifts for their Daddy. They are so thoughtful with the task.
The kiddos have been reading some everyday and I haven't had to nag them to do so.
Help in the kitchen. Miss Bit and I made breakfast together on Tuesday and T. Bone was my sous chef on Wednesday.
Miss Bit's reaction when I told her that someone had uprooted my newly planted pepper plants overnight: "Oh, I'm so sorry. You worked so hard on that."
Frozen lemonade bars...the new frosty family favorite.
Boys in uniform. Teammates and friends.

Yards full of balls after batting practice.

A mid-day photo shoot with my girl at her urging. She had such fun hamming it up for the camera.




My peonies are beautifully abloom.

Lil Bit's sidewalk art.

My man returns from a conference in Chicago this afternoon.


Plans to celebrate all the wonderful fathers in our lives this weekend: mine, his, their's.

No comments: