Friday, June 10, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Today is the first day of summer vacation. True it feels more like fall, but no matter the weather...it's freedom.

T. Bone requested a haircut last weekend. It usually happens after the first scorching, sweaty baseball game of the season. Shaggy is gone and my son has returned.

Pasta salad for lunch several days this week: whole wheat rigatoni, crunchy veggies, salty kalamatas, nutty Parmesan and my light balsamic vinaigrette topped with a little grilled chicken.

Miss Bit will spend a week at away day camp with one of her BFFs in August.

My aunt is going to drop off some pepper and tomato plants for us this weekend. It is so kind of her to share her bounty. She has become quite the hobby horticulturalist/gardener. I think I may have talked her into getting some chickens too so she may also be adding farmer to her titles.

Cherry almond smoothies. They are like dessert for breakfast.

I finished The Camel Club. Now I am on to Water For Elephants when I walk.

Miss Bit asked me yesterday, "Do you know you are the best Mom ever?" My answer was to give a hug, and then she asked more emphatically, "You do know that right?"

Both kids earned impressive marks on their report cards. T. Bone finished elementary school and Miss Bit ended first grade on high notes.

Miss Bit's version of batting gloves.

Buddies already...T. Bone and Bodi.

An alphabet serenade courtesy of the almost second graders this week. Lil Bit takes charge of the letter L.


Daddy for taking a break from his busy day to come picnic with his best girl(s) and show his pride in all her work.

Good byes, but only until Fall.


Another poet in the family. Miss Bit follows in her brothers foot steps.


Peanut and Tigger greet the newest family member, Joe. AKA Joey, Jo Jo or JJ. Peanut fell off the counter when Joe started to swim around the tank he was that freaked out. Tigger walked right up and put his nose in the bowl as if to say..."Welcome Dude." Needless to say, now the cover is on tight and Joe resides peacefully on Miss Bit's nightstand. She hemmed and hawed about leaving him to go to Grandma and Grandpa's, but I assured her I would take care of him. She called first thing this morning to make sure I was keeping my word.






No comments: