Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Slow and Sweet Start

I woke up with quite an aching back today. I attribute that to coming straight home from Miss Bit's softball game last night at 8:30 and curling up in bed until morning. I was dressed for 70 degrees and it dipped down to 60 so I was freezing. Before I knew it, I was flanked by both kids and both cats. We tuned into The Cake Boss, and the littles got me several times with, "Please...just one more commercial...Palease!" I remember making those same pleas every night of my childhood and my Mom also being a marshmallow.

Today is our first Tuesday off. I was prepared to hit the ground running, but the kiddos are enjoying a lazy morning of lounging. I know how to downshift and I'm more than happy to brew another cup of coffee. On today's agenda? Nothing...yet.

Camp wore them both out yesterday. It also broke them in. When I picked Miss Bit up, she was having fun just as I suspected. She'd made many friends and mastered numerous minute to win it challenges. We gathered T. Bone and learned that he is now the proud owner of some new friendships too. Just like that the rest of the summer will be smooth sailing, smiles and serendipity. The kids both had neighborhood friends over within minutes of pulling in the driveway proving that they were re-energized simply by the change of scenery, the rest of the week off if they have their druthers and perhaps, also a bowl of cookies and cream ice cream.

No comments: