Tuesday, June 7, 2011

97 Degrees and 2 Days

Today is my last Tuesday to myself until September. I'm not going to mince words here. I am definitely going to miss having two days in the middle of the week to do as I please. The truth is that it's not all about want or whim. I use that time to take care of odds and ends in order to leave the weekends mostly free and clear. I am definitely looking forward to more time with T. Bone and Miss Bit now that summer is upon us. Yes, it most definitely is here nevermind that it's still spring. The mercury is rising and it is 90 some uncomfortable degrees out.

So how am I enjoying my last Tuesday before I join the ranks of indentured servitude?

Right now I'm blogging from my bed despite the fact that it's way past high noon. All the shades are drawn so one wouldn't know it. I have two fans blowing directly on me and I'm still hot. My cats are literal pancakes. I have a rather lengthy list of things to do, but I'm patiently waiting for the repairman to come and fix our air conditioners...yes, plural. It is like the hottest day of the year I tell ya so I'm sure he's just a teeny tad busy.

I iced my water bottle and said to you know where with the stiffling heat. There was no way in hot Hades that I was going to miss my walk today knowing that the one constant on "my" days may not continue once the kiddos are under foot. About a mile in, the ice melted. By the second, the water was luke warm and by 3 1/2 it was all gone. That may just have been the longest mile and a half ever to get home for a drink. I'm still rehydrating and trying to cool my core temperature.

Tomorrow is going to be another scorcher. I plan to get up earlier than the sun and log my miles before the heat of the day sets in. It will be my last Wednesday to myself as well. The only to do on my calendar is to picnic with Miss Bit on the playground. I'll be there early to find a shady spot for us to spread out on. The rest of the day can come what may.

No comments: