Friday, May 27, 2011

Today I give thanks for...

The lovely evening these two very special to me people enjoyed together last Friday.

Goldfinches in the strangest of places.





My crab apple tree for exactly one week while it bursts with beautiful blooms.

T. Bone coaching his little sis during a little batting practice in the yard.




T. Bone is on his way to spend the day at our capital. The field trip is the culmination of his unit on state government.

I caught Miss Bit red handed sneaking fresh green beans to snack on. They were so good she didn't realize she didn't need to be clandestine about her healthy cache.

I logged over 20 miles this week and I still have today and tomorrow to add to my count. I'm working on a minimum of 26.2.

Miss Bit had a rough patch this week, but she's feeling better. Two of her closest friends were excluding her and telling secrets. When she confessed her hurt to me she said, "Sometimes life is just so hard." I didn't know whether to laugh or cry seeing as how it was coming honestly out of the mouth of my sweet, sensitive 6 year old.

T. Bone is in a tournament all weekend and the forecast is promising for baseball. Our Sox are now 6 and 1!!!

Fans in the stands. Both grandmas and grandpas came to both kid's games this week to cheer them on. They cheered loudly.

Garnet Hill for both girls in the family although I wish they'd stop sending me catalogs i cannot resist.

Jess, my dear and skinny friend, for bringing me flowers and wine the other day to cheer me up after her long day.


T. Bone was showing me the play cards for his friends on PS3 one of which was the Play Boy Bunny (belonging to the older brother of friend). I asked him if he even knew what that was. He answered, "Dah! It's a rabbit Mom. Why wouldn't I know that?"

An early rise this morning and a rekindled desire to get up and out before the rest of the world on a regular basis.

Malts. Chocolate for her and vanilla for him.

Veterans.

A long weekend.

Plans to get together with old friends at the end of it.

No comments: