Monday, May 9, 2011

two day pass

the holiday gathering scheduled for sunday kept me well occupied the rest of the weekend.
i welcomed any and all distraction.
every.single.one.of.them.
shopping, baking, cleaning and restoring order to my newly painted house to name just a few.
we slept in just a bit sunday morning, dropped the littles off at church for class and walked straight up and along the lake.
it was a beautiful morning...the best weather of the weekend...and a very welcome change of scenery.
we arrived home with just enough time to put on the finishing touches before company arrived.
i think every single guest came bearing flowers.
the best of the best in my book...daffodils, hydrangeas and snap dragons.
sadly, my quiche crusts were mushy.
that'll teach me to change up the crusts and then serve them to company.
everyone claimed they were yummy, but i think they were just being polite and hungry.
in the end it's not about the food, or maybe it's just a bit about the food and mostly about being together.
the kids were sweetly a little excited to give me my gifts.
miss bit made me a cheery vase and picked out a hydra belt for my long sweaty walks.
t. bone gifted me a plush pair of slippers since he absconded my old pair.
it's like having pretty clouds on my feet and hopefully they won't disappear since they're pink.
i was touched by both their cards and, of course, cherish them most of all...the cards and the kids.
we worked off the brunch with a game of wiffle.
it was the girls and hubby against the boys, and it was a tie.
i was the only player injured.
i fell in a little hole, rolled my ankle and got grass stains on my jeans.
i should have had a pinch runner.
just call me grace.
family left after a very fine afternoon in the early evening.
t. bone magnanimously suggested that they take me out to dinner for hot wings on mother's day.
he settled for frozen pizza, raspberry custard and the amazing race, and he was happy about it too.
miss bit was pleased as well after consuming a pound of bacon and a pint of strawberries over the course of the day and little else.
i was in bed not long after my littles, counting my blessings and blissfully happy that this day full of so many bittersweet emotions was done.
i survived it mostly with a smile on my face thanks to my littles and so many lovelies.





































No comments: