Friday, May 6, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Spring cleaning and to dos getting done. I've been paring down, purging and painting.

Salsa pulled pork straight out of the slow cooker and into a charred whole wheat tortilla. Hubby dubbed it company worthy.

The Sox won their first game. T. Bone had a decent game at catcher, short and pitcher. It was 40 freezing degrees out...not exactly baseball weather.

I finished Betancourt's novel. Now I'm into Dominique Browning's, the quondam editor-and-chief of House & Garden, memoir. It's much lighter. I'm also listening to Baldacci's Camel Club when I walk. My Dad turned me onto the idea so I'm grateful for his suggestion as well.

My family members residing down south were spared during the recent lashing from Mother Nature.

Hubby for taking my car to get washed last weekend without my asking even.

An appointment for my first pedicure of the season next week. It is long overdue.

Choices. Despite the fact that Miss Bit was tall enough to ride The Howlin' Tornado, it sure didn't mean she had to enjoy it. She kept her eyes closed the whole way down and didn't give it another go.

Chances. At our urging she did apprehensively try another slide, and she did like it.



Fearlessness. T. Bone has no fear. He has good manners and plenty of impatience. He carried our tube solo to the top when we rode in tandem...and it was still hard to keep up with him.





Family...the fermented grapes and the people I love.








No cavities for any of us despite the copius amount of candy consumed since Lent came to an end. Below is evidence of just one of numerous goodie filled baskets T. Bone and Miss Bit received.



Playful Peanut poised on his perch.



We're back in the swing of things...baseball, cummulative tests, end of year parties and field trips, yet the countdown is on until summer vacation. 23 days! The littles aren't exactly counting, but the bigs are.


Good old-fashioned egg salad on whole wheat toast.


This weekend we will host a little Mother's Day brunch after church on Sunday. It's my favorite meal to serve guests: quiche, raspberry buttermilk cake, cinnamon buns, and mimosas. Oh and bacon too.


Moms.


This is the last week of Sunday School until fall.

No comments: