Friday, May 13, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

Watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off last Friday night. My hubby and my brother know the script by heart so they coughed and carried on during all the right times so T. Bone and Miss Bit didn't hear the wrong language.

Fog. The mysterious low lying clouds are obscurring my view today, but the haze has lifted from my head. I am clear of mind and light of heart.

Pink. Maybe it's because weather defying I'm dressed mostly in my favorite happy color today. Pink is really much more than a color though...it's a state of mind!

Pretty pedicured toes.

A reassuring middle school orientation last night. I really liked the principal and everything he had to say. I think that it is going to be another good year of growth for my almost 10 1/2 year old... almost fifth grader.

Activity night tonight at the middle school. The transition has begun.

T. Bone is leaning toward taking French rather than Spanish and signing up for choir instead of band. I'm seeing a new side of my son...Renaissance man and jock.

An undefeated baseball team and an offer extended for the current coach of the Sox to coach the tournament team.

Sweet corn with plenty of butter...real butter...and salt. Mmmmm!

Birds of summer. This week alone I've seen blue jays, bluebirds so blue they take my breath away, a falcon on the hunt and orioles too in my yard.

Blackberry banana and raspberry mango smoothies this week, and my in-laws for bringing such a delicious and varied fruit platter for Mother's Day brunch. We've been enjoying the leftovers all week.

Plans to go to the movies and to visit the art museum over the next couple cool and cloudy days. I'm excited to see what my kids think of Chagall, Warhol and Wyeth. I am excited to share stories about Lautrec and Picasso.

Plans to take a long walk this evening and then watch the entire first season of Modern Family on loan from the library.

Tomato sandwiches on whole wheat toast.

My spider spying cats and my spider squishing husband.

Games of Family Feud on the I Pad.

18 days of school and counting!

No comments: