Friday, May 20, 2011

Grateful Friday

Today I give thanks for...

It may be half way through the month of May, but spring has finally graced us with her colorful, sweet scented presence.

My boy is brace free. His smile is so straight and so bright, yet I neglected to take the after shot.



Basking.


Baking. I made a batch of these this week and they are nearly gone. It doesn't help that you can eat them like popcorn.



Birds...in our yard. This week the turkey came to call daily. I also spotted my first ever indigo bunting. What a sight. We were visited by OJ, our resident red fox, for the first time this spring too although he moved so swiftly and syly that I didn't get a snapshot.







Basketball after breakfast instead of video gaming.


Our ever confident closer. The other night he consoled a friend after he pitched some heat and then threw him out on first. T. Bone said, "Dude, don't worry...I throw everyone out, but you...you got a piece of it!"






Hangin' loose for Hawaiian Day and 14 days until summer vacation.



Cat laps.


This little fashionista fabulousa!


Fun Family outings.


Sweet, sour and spicy Asian short ribs in the slow cooker.


Miss Bit made a new friend with the sister of one of T. Bone's teammates. Now she looks forward to going to the ballpark not just for the snacks, but also for the time to play.

The Sox are now 5 and 1. Hubby found out last night that he is being named head coach of the district tournament team. I now live with 2 legends!!!



A mid morning, mid week date at the cafe with my son followed by a little shopping for some summer duds. It's a good thing too cuz' I would have picked out the exact opposite of what he opted for.




Miss Bit has a date with her Dad tonight to attend the Father Daughter Dance. She's so excited that she woke up dancing, as a matter of fact.

No comments: