Saturday, May 14, 2011

20 to 1 Meme

I came across this meme on a well-written, thoughtful blog I visit from time to time yesterday. I thought it might be telling so I'm giving it a try.

20 years ago I...

1. Graduated from college with honors and without a compelling plan for my worldwide future.
2. Moved back home with my Mom, bought a car, and got a job.
3. Traveled to Hawaii for 3 wonderful weeks with my hubby who was then my boyfriend of only a couple months.

10 years ago I...

1. Was blessed with a beautiful, bouncing baby boy.
2. Spent time every day with my Mom who was as smitten as I was by his sweetness. I was rather caught up in her too after having my first child and understanding for the first time the organic nature of a parent's love.
3. Felt scared, helpless and hopeless after 9/11.


5 years ago I...

1. Was the mother to 2 perfect children...5 and almost 2.
2. Was in graduate school pursuing my elementary education license hoping to change the world the best way I knew how.
3. Was profoundly happy and immensely fulfilled.


3 years ago I...

1. Lost my Mom.
2. Lost my mind, quit school, and felt lost.
3. Survived.


1 year ago I...

1. Travelled to beautiful places like Vail, Bermuda and Cape Cod with my family making memories.
2. Was visited by my Mom in the presence of a spiritual medium and was the happiest I'd been since her passing.
3. Obssessed about the warp speed, relentless passage of time, and worked hard to live life in the moment.


So far this year I...

1. Am trying to take the bad with the good and learning how to find joy even in times of sorrow.
2. Am thinking all the time about what comes next. Next in this life, that is.
3. Spending time reading for escape and enlightenment and entertainment.


Yesterday I...

1. Took my son to his first middle school activity.
2. Sang loudly all the way to work without a care in the world and felt my pulse ramp up when I reaized, in a few short months I'll be in the audience listening to Rickie Lee Jones sing in front of me.
3. Breathed a sigh of relief after a long, busy, rat race of a week.


Today I...

1. Stocked up at the grocery store, which brings me an abnormal amount of peace, pleasure and satisfaction.
2. Went to the movies with my family and ate popcorn for lunch.
3. Smiled, laughed and loved a whole lot.


Tomorrow I...

1. Will attend church with my family.
2. Am excited to visit the art museum for a little creative culture.
3. Plan to make a sinful, soulful Sunday supper.



In The Next Year I...

1. Want to have many more pink days than blue.
2. Refuse to sweat the small stuff.
3. Plan to continue striving to be the best person, wife, mother, daughther, sister, friend, woman, writer, traveler, baker, being that I can be.

No comments: